Need a quality spray tan?
We use professional tanning solutions from Sunescape and Moroccan Tan combined with expert application to ensure your tan looks ‘naturally’ amazing!
We provide you with everything you’ll need including disposable underwear, hair nets, sticky feet and body wipes.
To ensure the best tan possible, we recommend you follow our Pre-Tan, Day of Tan, and Post-Tan tips:
- Do not wax or shave at least 24-48 hours prior to your spray tanning appointment.
- The night before your appointment, use a loofah or mitt and thoroughly exfoliate the skin to remove any dead skin cells and/or previous tan. You can purchase exfoliating mitts as well as Sunescape’s Exfoliating Body Polish from us in studio.
Day of Tan
- Do not moisturise or wear deodorant or perfume to your Spray Tan appointment. Tans work best on dry, unperfumed skin.
- Wear loose, comfortable clothing (preferably black) to avoid rubbing the tan off and staining of clothes.
- Wear slip on shoes if possible.
- Do not shower, exercise vigorously, sweat or get wet for at least 2 hours after being tanned (you can leave the tan longer if you like).
- Avoid waxing after your tan. This will remove the tan.
- Avoid the use of soaps and body washes that contain the ingredient Sodium Laurel Sulfate. We recommend the use of Sunescape’s Hydrating Shower Gel.
- Avoid long hot showers/baths and prolonged swimming to lengthen your tan.
- To maintain your tan, we highly recommend you keep your skin hydrated by alternating between Sunescape’s Gradual Tan Extender and Hydrating Body Butter.
Spray tanning is one of the most effective and efficient ways to get the bronzed glow you want, without the harmful effects of UV sun exposure and tanning beds. While the sun is vital in providing us vitamins and minerals that we need to be healthy, overexposure can be dangerous and even life threatening.
Spray tans can also extend into the psychological arena. As they say – look good, feel good!
Sunescape is packed with nourishing, hydrating ingredients including coconut oil, macadamia nut oil, kiwi seed extract, avocado oil, vitamin C and vitamin E to repair, soften and rejuvenate skin.
No. This is a result of inexperienced or untrained tanners using poor products or poor equipment.
We are a professional studio with trained staff and the finest products available.
Results will vary with different skin types and depending on the post care of your tan however, most tans will last between 7-10 days, some lasting for up to 2 weeks.
To help maintain and prolong the life of your tan, we recommend you:
- Moisturise skin morning and night using Sunescape’s Hydrating Body Butter and/or Gradual Tan Extender.
- Avoid long hot showers and baths in the coming week.
- Avoid prolonged swimming in chlorine/saltwater pools and spas.
- Avoid excessive exercise and sweating. This can cause the tan to fade faster.
- Avoid the use of soap or body wash products that contain the ingredient Sodium Lauryl Sulphate. We recommend using the Sunescape’s Hydrating Shower Gel.
DHA (Dihydroxyacetone) is a sugar that interacts with amino acids in the top layer of your skin to produce pigment called melanoidins; that’s the brownish tanned look these products achieve. DHA can be manufactured synthetically, or it can be derived from natural things, like beet sugar or cane sugar.
Considered a non-carcinogenic and non-toxic ingredient, DHA tanning is the safest sunless tanning method when compared to other external cosmetic solutions.